Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Syncrowave 200

Earlier this year I decided that it was time to break down and buy a welder. I was getting into way to many situations that required a welder, and I knew that if I wanted to weld CM and Aluminum it had to be a TIG welder. I am getting pretty good at welding MS & CM and notching tubes. I have used a lot of small diameter CM in making the brackets etc. for the SBC project and it has come in real handy, my skills have improved a great deal this year. I found this unit on craigslist located between Cincinnati and Dayton, it came with the cart, helmet and I the guy threw this check fixture plate in with the deal that is a qualified check fixture from some discontinued automotive part. It works great for clamping work to since it is perfectly flat and has many threaded holes in it. When I bought the welder, there was 2 minuets on the usage timer, and i bought it for just over half of the new price when it was about 1.5 years old. I thought it was a screamin' deal.

No comments: