Friday, December 11, 2009

The Undercover

Well, it has been a long hard road, but here it is......... the Undercover chassis, rear engine, swing arm dragster. It has not been without its challenges, some of you understand what it takes to get something like this off center with limited resources. I have to say that going into this, I had no idea what I was doing, how it would turn out, or what i was getting myself into. This car has a old IR mechanical injection system that I converted to EFI, (see the previous post) which required some out of the box thinking, and many custom designed and machined/fabricated parts to implement the system into this application.

(Click on photos to enlarge, see previous thread for engine details)






(Stainless headers)



(Weld Alumastars, 2 piece)



(Designed the coil mount in CAD, cut on laser)







(4 Link with single shock)










(8.90 on the dial in, S/C standard)

(Delay box on left, AFR gauge on right)




No comments: